Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tequila Advertising

I don't know why but there's been an increase in the number of tequila ads on channels I watch.  Probably it's mostly ESPN, but some other networks, too. 

To take a page from the Michael Imperioli ads, what's with these things?  In particular, in recent days I've seen one for Avion Tequila that is a head scratcher.

I'm no connoisseur of tequila, so I have no idea of the relative quality of these various drinks, but this Avion ad certainly makes me think it'd be among the last I'd try.

The theme of the ad is bondage.  Straight up.  A guy is tied up by a woman in sexy black leather.  He's teased with some of the tequila and then it's fade to black.  Damned if I can figure out the message there.  Avoid this drink at all costs?

No comments:

Post a Comment