Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On the Road with RLR Jr

Aside from a few trips to Penn State for track meets with Dad, I had little experience with large universities. My high school soccer team played against State College HS, but that was not at Penn State. 'Course, they always beat us. State College had a lot more students to draw on than my little school where there were a 130 of us in my graduating class.


Michigan State was huge. Only spending a day there, I don't recall much about the town of East Lansing, but the campus was, to put it mildly, large. Most of my time was spent in a voluminous lecture hall taking the test of the scholarship. It was in two parts with a couple hours to each part. Strangely, I remember nothing about what was on the test. I remember sitting toward the left side of the hall. There was a see of high school seniors, all taking this same test.


I don't think the test was hard. I moved through it steadily and surely. There wasn't much down time to talk to any of the other students. Not that I was inclined for such chatting.


Dad and I grabbed lunch on the break.


Cold as it was when we left Richfield, it was colder still in Michigan. Not much snow. Just cold.


The scholarship test over and done, we stayed over in a hotel so we could troop right back to Richfield the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment